Thursday, January 3, 2019

May 2014

Some highlights in May.

Jackson ran track for the first time.  And he was good.  He was damn good.  He took 2nd in almost every race.  Only behind the kid he could never catch ... Brock.  But that was okay, Jackson had Brock as his goal.  He knew if he was behind Brock, he was doing okay.  This was a surprise I think to both myself and Jackson.  He was fast.  He was determined.  He was good.  Um, also he had a love hate for this sport.  Before every race, so nervous.  So worked up.  So stressed.  During the race, he hated every single step.  After every race, so proud.  So happy.  So content.


Also, working his way towards the end of 8th grade and middle school.  Here's the memory he left on his 8th grade class ...


"hey mom can you pick me up from the park?  Okay sure."  I pull up to ... ummm ... this.  A paint war at the park?  Okay?  Boys do things that don't make sense.  He got paint on the headrest of that car that I never cleaned off.  Stained.  But I love stains like that.  Every time I looked over at that seat, this is the memory engrained into my mind.  And that's good stuff.  


Randomness ...


 (Ryan, an all star friend ... the forever kind ... this pic makes me laugh every single time)


Elementary graduation happened for Eli late in May.  I had to get a picture of him with the principal.  As a matter of principle.  He was in that woman's office more times than I could count in his 7 year tenor.  From being a bully.  To throwing snowballs.  To planning a fight and smiling as he watched it go down.  From throwing food in the cafeteria.  Refusing to do work.  Refusing to put his shoes on.  Somebody sure had oppositional defiance disorder in elementary!

Check out his sweet tie.




Jackson's support of his brother ... unprecedented.


Oh oh oh and Natalie invited me to an Outlaws game.  Super fun to hang out with my other babies!



Onto June .... 

No comments: