Monday, April 30, 2012

Check




Eli is in his third year of hockey.


Best year yet. It's so fun to watch these games.  I like to stand behind the goalie.  To watch when they score. It's amazing what a difference a year makes with these kids.  This year .. it's more strategy and less just hitting the puck as hard as they can.  Eli is better about controlling the puck as he skates ... and paying attention to everything around him to be able to make complete passes.




Last Sat's game he made the first goal.  Super proud.  His reaction?  Super cool.  Fist bump his teammates.  Move on.  I was jumping up and down yelling his name.  Afterwards he says "please don't yell for me or say my name during games mom.  It's distracting".  Whoopsie.

This year they have blue jersey's.  "Blue Ice" is the name of their team.  They had cool names put on the back of their jersey's.  Examples of offense were "speedy" or defense "the defender".  I tried to help Eli come up with a cool name.  His take "uh .. I am NOT going to have a name like that on my jersey".  "come on Eli .. it's fun .. we'll come up with something beast".  "no mom.  I want Wester.  That's it.  I mean it .. tell them Wester.."

So he skates next to "dr awesome" and "the wall" as "wester" ... so be it.

I love that he loves this game.  I love watching him play....

GO ELI!  (said as a whisper) ...




1 comment:

L2L said...

I"m only allowed to give thumbs up, lol. No vocal encouragement at all....hahaha