Thursday, January 3, 2019

August 2014

August 5.  Jackson's birthday.  Number 15.  I love him.  He's the real MVP









Late August Jason and Nina came for a visit and asked us to meet them in Colorado Springs at the Garden of the Gods.  My mom joined us too.  It was really good to catch up and watch the boys hang out with their cousins climbing all over rocks ... what boys do.









Also, a collage of Hayley and I.  Because it's cute.  Because I said so.


And an Instagram post from Eli.  It's not as cute as my Hayley collage, but it sure is funny.




Late August the boys and I and my mom went paddle boarding.  They had never been.  All I knew for sure is that I didn't want to get in the water.  Lake water.  Cold water.  No one fell in.  Jackson and Eli had a couple of battles.  Eli chilled on his for a while.  Then he did not chill on his.  He would walk back and forth on it making the ends come completely out of the water.  I sometimes watch him and wonder what that world would be like.  Fearing nothing.  Trying anything.  So free.  "you just gotta commit" is what he always says when I talk to him about falling or being scared of trying a stunt.  Basically ... follow through.  If you fall, oh well .. do it again.











And that .... is a summer wrap. 

No comments: