Wednesday, January 2, 2019

January/February 2014

So, because of my loser status I now have to painfully go back and try to blog years (mostly in photos) that I did not blog.  Was it laziness?  Was it too much life?  Did I run out of words (hahahhahhhahahahahhahha)?

Whatever the excuse that isn't a good one, I now have consequences.  Those include still wanting my memories documented yet relying on my memory to record them.  S-C-A-R-Y and insanely inaccurate.

If my future posterity is reading any of these, just know that it is right now Jan 2, 2019 yet I am trying to blog Jan 2014 to present.  Poppy is probably dealing with early on set Alzheimers so it's going to make this process even more painful.

Consequences of laziness.


Good Lord, help us all.

SOOOOO..... we begin.  Again.

1-24-2019

I love when Hayley sends me texts from the heart.  It's usually at the most random unexpected times. Which honestly makes me cherish them even more ..





And here, while I'm at it let me toss in a text from the magnificent Eli as well .... talk about random.  Which makes the kid so damn lovable.  I mean he tells me I'm fat I think because it's his love language. I'm also happy to say he's diagnosed my psychosis behavior.  It's important I keep this little human around.  Facts.  



Also the Nuggets play a lot of games in January.  This is actually still fact 5 years later.  I used to attend them as often as I could with as many people as I could.  Proof ...




During this particular Nuggets game I took the boys to, Jackson was WAY into the game.  Eli was WAY into observations of those around us.  "mom, check out all the old people.  why are all the old people here?"  And the "Eli smirk" was in full force this night.  When someone would turn around to look at him (mostly out of irritation) he would give them "that" smile.  Jackson was SO ANNOYED by his brother.   So.  Annoyed.  He asked if I could sit in between them.  Uh.  Negative.  




Tracy is my favorite Nuggets girl.  The laughing we do during these games should be illegal and probably extremely disrespectful to those around us actually wanting to have a different experience.  But.  We laugh.  We make fun of players and give them nicknames so we can follow them throughout the game.  Because, you know we are 5 foot nothing, we can make fun of taller, talented men.  

Looking back at photos from 5 years ago, I feel as if I am a very different person.  Sometimes it's embarrassing, other times I'm amazed at the quality skills I used to possess.  5 years is a long time.  According to the photos I am having to sift through, I used to work out.  A lot.  A whole lot.  It was my life a lot.  I guess I used to think I looked great (given how many shameless workout photos I took of myself).  I did look great.  I think that's what is called my prime.  I had no idea how my prime would slip from my fingers in 5 years.  Not only that, but that I really don't care as much.  

Obviously I have to include the photos because I am looking forward to looking at these again in another 5 years .... to be impressed and embarrassed all over again.  









At least I had willing friends to participate in such activities.  But for real, I better live like an extra 15 years for all the hours I put into that sport.  

That's a wrap on the first two months of 2014.  

No comments: