Thursday, January 3, 2019

March 2014

March 2014.  I feel like this is brain power exercise.  By the time I have all these photos caught up I'm actually going to be a genius.

One of my absolute favorite memories as I look back, is definitely having 4000 kids over at any given point.  The next two are videos and clearly I can not blog a video.  So I will have to use my words.  Hayley (being the awesome big sister and amazing role model she is) cleared out the dining room and turned it into a make shift bar.  She set up solo cups and filled them all with water and taught the children how to play "beer pong" but with water.  Ping pong balls and all.  She said they needed to learn skills that will help them in the future.

Tossed in photos of my little's.  Because they are the most amazing things I've ever done in my life.

Eli - 11
Jackson -14

They knew all the things.









when Hayley comes home to visit.  "mom, hey mom.  mom, mom, where are you? mom. mom.  MOM I'M HOME!!!!!"  As I lock the door super fast.  




Vy, Stacey and I had a GNO for Stacey's birthday.  Started off getting ready at Vy's house which really turned into a giggle fest in her bed.  We finally got ourselves to Ace for some good eats and even better people watching.  I think when the three of us are together, we annoy the waitresses.  Then again, we don't ever care.





*such a cute couple.

For spring break I took the boys and their friends to the Aquarium.  I didn't know it at the time but this was really my last museum type trip I would take the boys on.  They grew.  Then it wasn't cool.  Then they had friends with cars.  Then they had cars.  Then I wasn't needed.







One thing to note about this time in history and blogging backwards is that it's almost like I get to see the future.  I get the benefit of knowing what happens and what changes in 5 years.  Grace is Jackson's girlfriend.  7th grade.  8th grade.  I loved her.  I adored her.  They broke up.  I think I was more heart broken than anyone.  I was so sad.  She was just gone.  Stupid son.  Let's fast forward.  To now.  11th grade Jackson and Grace got back together.  Currently Jackson and Grace both go to CSU and are still together.

Life.  So unpredictable.  Another unpredictable moment that would happen in the future has affected Stacey's life forever.  Forever changed.  In Aug of 2017 she was in a horrible house boat accident in Lake Powell which resulted in losing her leg.  She is a rock star and her positive attitude since then is a huge example to me.  We didn't know in March of 2014 as we were rolling around laughing our guts out that her life would change so drastically.

And one more photo to cap March off.  Eli and Sophie.  Cuddle time ....


No comments: