Thursday, April 17, 2014

I Be 40


This year .. I turned the big 4-0.  I feel like I should be acting more adult like ... but it seems as if the clock is ticking ... I'm getting wrinkles .. yet I'm acting more immature.

How's that possible?

It is NOT true ... that saying that you get wiser as you get older.  Not in my case.

This was pretty awesome to wake up to first thing on my 40th bday though ...

I love my sister.  She's the best.  I have said that a lot.  But I really mean it.

My two besties took me out for my birthday dinner.  To my favorite place to eat ... Linger.  There's nothing better than laughing to celebrate the day you arrived.  I love these two girls ... we ate .. and ate .. and ate .. and laughed .. and made new friends ... and laughed ... and sang really loud ...and chilled ... and laughed some more.  You know .. things you do when you turn 40.



THEN ... when you turn 40 ... you also get a family bday party.  But not just any typical family bday party.  A dress up bday party.  Reminded me of when I was little.  Obviously my bday falls the day after Halloween.  So growing up my mom would plan a lot of costume parties with my bday.

So ... my family in true form ... dresses up and comes to my house to celebrate.  I did suit up in the meth costume again ... because really ... my family would appreciate.

Baby Thor and my bro matched.  Except for the facial hair.  That he won't shave.


My awesome sister in law ... isn't she fun .. and pretty?


But really the costume of the night goes to baby Gwen.  My sister MADE .. yes MADE her costume.  Okay okay .. disregard the comment from my last post.  The ONLY one that is allowed to make a costume and then be called freaking adorable (in the most positive of ways) is my sister.  And Gwen.  Just baby Gwen.  This costume should win awards.  Or maybe my sister should make them and sell them (huh-um Nati .. $ maker).  It's just awesome.



See what I mean?  Can't top it.

Well .. unless you're my brother.  You can try.  He stole my suit.  And made me laugh.  Hysterically.  All night.  And I didn't realize until later that he photobombed pics ...






He's the best brother ... for laughs.  I mean .. not the best for answering texts right away ... but there's no better entertainment at family functions than this boy.  I mean .. the snapping of the glove.  I just can't....

BUT GUESS WHAT??

That doesn't wrap my bday up completely.  Bonus night .. my church friends took me to Guadalajara.  Boom - I had to wear "the" hat ... and the staff sang to me.  And guess what?  I didn't even freak out like I normally would.  I went with it.  Because I'm much older now.  40 you know.  And 40 year olds welcome wearing nappy hats and being the center of attention.



And ... THAT rounds out #40.

Can't even say I'm not a blessed girl.  With awesome people in my life.  Makes my very soul happy.


1 comment:

Emile said...

You have the coolest friends and the best family. You know, to have so many great people around you I have to think you must be a pretty great person yourself. I think you'll rock 40. You'll make it look cool and athletic and fun and beautiful.