Monday, May 19, 2014

Thanksgiving 2013

This year Thanksgiving was originally scheduled to be at my house.

Until on the way to school one day a week before ... Eli discovers this and has some words with me.

We can't do that mom

Why?

Because we do that at grandmom's house.  We can't do it at our house.  I want it at grandmom's house. Grandmom's house is where we have holiday's.  It won't be a real holiday unless it's over there.

So ... had to inform the mother that it was going to be at her house ... or the whole holiday would suck.  No pressure.  No choice.

My sister was in Utah this year for Thanksgiving so she and her gang were MIA.  Rude.

Even with her absence ... it did not prevent us from stuffing our faces until our stomach's were begging for mercy.

My cutie mama in her apron.  I mean ... really.... her apron!

 Eli waiting for the feast ... ever so not patiently ...

 Shawn and Snickers
 My dad and Thor ... and my dad ... just how cute is HE?


 Thor is learning to walk.  My brother puts a towel around his waist from behind and walks him around.  It would look so odd to an outsider.  But this is how we roll up in grandmom's house.


The brother.  Lookin' swagger...


The other boy ... waiting just as impatiently .... to pig out..


 Yes.  I wore my PJ's.  To Thanksgiving dinner.  Don't judge.  There was more room that way.  Yup .. me and Lauren..

Just my brother.  Being the awesome dad he is...

 I call him Chewy.  He won't shave.  Like really?  Gross.  But he makes THE most perfect Chewbacca sound ever.  I tell him "do it" and he knows what I mean.  So .... the sounds commence.  My brother. Just one moment while I vomit a few words about this dude.  I just love the guy.  I wish everyone could know my brother ... because their lives - wouldn't necessarily be better per say ... but DANG - it would be funnier.  This guy cracks me up.  I feel like we got the same ADHD personality.  A bit crazy ... a bit out of control ... a bit unfocused ... a little unorganized... but a LOTTA funny.  Just hearing him laugh ... makes me giggle.  Hope he doesn't ever read this.  Because then he would get all ego'd out on me.  If you do read this Josh ... I actually hate you.


The after dinner coma ...


And that concludes this year's Thanksgiving feast.  Till the next engorgement session ..

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Yep, super rude! We missed yall! Its okay, we still have this year. :D