Thursday, December 2, 2010

the power of positive thinking ...



Thursday night we went over to Ally's house after Thanksgiving to hang out with friends for a bit. Sitting around the table we discussed and laughed about many things.

One being Eli's frequent trips to the ER.

I say "but you know ... it's been a LONG time since we've been there ...he's actually doing really well in the accident department"

Someone then asked if I haven't gotten one of those 'friendly .. we miss you .. and it's time for another visit' card from them.

Funny.

I had to cut free early. Black Friday was starting early. Eli wanted to stay to sleep over.

I had no longer gotten on to the interstate when the phone rings .. It's Ally ..

"um, Alana .. do you remember how we were all talking about Eli's lack of trips to the ER?"

"uh .. yeeesss..."

"well, he needs to go now"

He decided to be the rock star that he is and jump off her stairwell. Landed on his foot. Swelled fast.

This is actually great news. Sean hasn't ever had the ER experience. He got it that night. A couple hours and an x-ray later they left the hospital.

A sprain.

Lucky us.

He came home proudly wearing a little boot and a cool plastic ER bracelet ...


Lesson learned ... not a good idea to speak too soon.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was just thinking myself that it's been a while since I've heard a good Eli-injury story... :)

Amie said...

Jack just finished wearing his black boot. Two broken toes. I do not recommend skateboarding in flip flops.

Robin said...

I'm sure it was one of the boys who put Eli 'up' to jumping 9 steps...