Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Prom 2012

It's that time of year.

My baby girl is off to her final (um .. I hope, anyway) senior prom.

She went with her new boyfriend Tristan.  I like this kid.  He's good.  Treats her well.  And plays with my dog.

She had her hair done for free.  She had make up artists come to the house.  For free.  She had a photographer.  For free.  And a limo.  For free.







 .... **tangent coming.  This girl amazes me with the opportunities that come her way.  Honestly she lives up to the saying "born with a horseshoe up the ass".  Is it luck?  Is it because she's personable?  I'm not sure.  But really?  Who finds a nanny job that pays upwards of $25 an hour.  Or wins $150 in victoria secret 'secret rewards' money?  Or has a modeling job fall in her lap (most recently) .. who offers to give her a make up artist for her and her friend for prom?  Or also offers her a limo for the night?  Oh wait .. not to forget the photographer.  Or the fact that she's been taken out to dinner four times by the company.  Or is paid $100 for talking to them for an hour.  Or is given $200 for two months of tanning to go with the job.  Or is going to be paid $100 an hour for shoots in the future.  Not just for the shoot itself but for the entire day .. travel back and forth ... make up .. hair time ...  Hayley.  That's who.  I'm taking her to the store next time to buy a lotto ticket.  Just pick the numbers dear and I will pay for the ticket.  .....**

So back to prom.  Hayley was gorgeous.  When she first brought the dress home after days and days and hours upon hours of searching for the "perfect dress" ... she was so proud.  I did a double take.  Keep your thoughts inside your head Alana .. do not let them freely flow .. use the filter .. you can do this.  "That's so lovely Hayley .. you will look just ... great"  Smile Alana.  Look happy.

But she put the dress on after hair and makeup were complete and it was GORGEOUS on her.  It was actually a pretty proud moment for me.  She has her own style.  She likes to be unique .. not always going with the flow.  And that's okay.  Because she can work it.  She truly looked like Barbie.







So they had a double date ... went to dinner ... after prom ... watched the sun rise ... and got home in the wee hours of the morning.

I'd say it was pretty magical for her.  Definitely a night she will remember forever.

I'm happy it was special to her.  Cause she's special to me.  

Oh .. I have to add this photo.  She was getting ready to walk out the door .. and I was looking up to her to hug her.  And thought .. okay - I am either freakishly short or this girl is freakishly tall.


You decide ..








1 comment:

Memphis said...

Oh my God, either she's wearing massively tall heels or you are a midget! HA HA! How tall is she? How tall are you?

Who has all that fall into her lap like that? My niece, the model, that's who. She sounds like she could be your girl's sister. Every door swings wide for her. She was also a high-paid nanny. Photographers 'found' her at 14 and paid her. She lived in Florida, Manhattan, California, all in her late teens and early twenties, just for fun. When she goes to buy anything, people practically give it to her. Life just hands her everything. And she looks exactly like Emily Blunt, the movie star. They move alike, smile alike, laugh alike, and if there are millions to be made for being a twin of a movie star, she will somehow make them.

I'm glad that you are so happy for your girl. Some parents have to worry like crazy about how their kids are going to make it, but ironically, when everything just falls into place for your child it can be a huge relief.