Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Hayley .... 19 years




Another year has gone by.

It seems as if time goes by in warp speed the older I get.

Not sure I dig it either.

S.  L.  O.  W.  it down.

June 19th 2013 ... another milestone.  Hayley made it through her 18th year.

Funny ... I just realized while typing this that she turned 19 on June 19th.  That's funny.

This past year has been quite a bumpy road for Ms. Hayley ... and to be honest ... quite bumpy as her mom - a lot of the time I felt I was dragged behind yelling for her to let go of me.  BECAUSE IT'S HURTING.  As she's yelling over her shoulder .. not yet - I'm not ready to let you go!

I won't even go into detail about this year.  But I will say there was a whole lot packed in it.  The not so enjoyable ones included court fees ... attorney's fees ... police ... tickets ... fines ... points ... several jobs ... moving back home ... into the basement (with makeshift sheet walls) ... breakups .. skinned knees ... and bruised hearts ...

The more enjoyable ones included ... good choices about school ... laughing .. laughing ... youtube videos .. vines ... making vines ... long talks .. good cries ... discovering a true best friend ...learning life lessons ...learning independence ...

Her birthday was a quiet celebration this year.  I took her to lunch in downtown Castle Rock to a place called Dream Pastry.  So yummy.  It's become a favorite in our house.  We had a great afternoon of laughing and spending quality time together.  The older she gets .. the more we have in common.  And again, not sure if it's a good thing or not .. but she and I are more like sisters.  I realize she teaches me so much more than I realize is possible.  I like it.  I mean.. some of those things include patience .. but it's still "learning".




We also have bonded this year watching Jenna Marbles.  Probably so inappropriate to watch together. But so incredibly funny.  It's our humor.  Real.  Unfiltered.  And quite hilarious.   One of the latest ones we can't get enough of is titled ... What Are This?  

Pretty much anything we don't understand ... we auto go to "what are this?" .. and cracks us up every time.  

Here's Hayley's "what are this?" face .. on her birthday ...


I love this girl.  Can't imagine life without her.  Shes's so beautiful.  So funny.  So ... a lot of work. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAYLEY BAY.  I LOVE YOU!!!!  

1 comment:

Emile said...

You're so very lucky to have such great kids. And your kids are so very lucky to have such a great mom.